Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Camping trip (of the season)

Since Memorial weekend is the biggest camping weekend of the year (since its the real first weekend of nice weather) I decided that we would go camping. I hadn't really worked out any of the details, just that we were going to go somewhere. Then I was talking to my sister Aimee and she mentioned that she was going to Bear Lake with Corey's parents. So I asked if we could tag along and sleep in a tent and all. And that is what we did. It got down into the low 30's at night and rained on us the first night, but it was okay. We stayed at the Blue Water Resortwhich is a nice RV park. It had a swimming pool and a hot tub, and was right on the beach of Bear Lake. The only downside was that we didn't have individual fire pits, there was one community fire pit.

This was Camerons first camping trip, and he did not sleep very well the first night. He woke up at 1:30 am and about 2:30 Dustin decided to take him for a ride to see if that would get him to calm down and sleep, around 3:30 he fell asleep, and Dustin stayed in the Van with him. From 3:30-6:00am he tossed and turned and so finally Dustin woke him up and had him play for a while and then he fell back asleep for about and hour and that is when we all woke up. WHAT A NIGHT!

I am so grateful to have such a father for my children. I really appreciated Dustin getting up with him and taking care of Cameron for me. He is such a patient man with our children, he is my other half, and I am so glad that he is mine.

On to the rest of our camping trip. So then the next day the kids wanted to go swimming so what the heck its only about 60 degrees, they went swimming and had fun and didn't want to stop. Then that night I cooked Taco Surprise (my dad made this when we would go camping as kids) and then we went to the fire pit and had some marshmallows and grilled cheese sandwiches (with our camp cooker) and YUMMY cherry pies. Kyleigh had made a friend and she invited her to have marshmallows with us and she joined us and then Kyleigh and Madison went to their camp and watched Cartoons. Thats about all we really had a good time. and Cameron slept better the second night!

Oh yea Cameron LOVES dancing, in the last picture he is dancing to Gwen Stefani.














1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! Such memories for your children & you 2.

    Bear Lake is so fun to go to!!!

    haha..love those dancin pictures! Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete